Friday, May 21, 2010

Reversible Sundress


So, like the matching sunhat I made, this dress is going to be big on G. for quite awhile.  That's okay, though.  It can go from baby dress to toddler tunic, hopefully--- after all the stolen time during naps and all the struggles with buttonholes (and finally settling on snaps) I'd like her to be able to wear it as long as possible! 

The dress is a McCall's pattern, M2213.  I used an orange batik print on one side and a Japanese-style tree/flower print on the other.  I added scalloped topstitching in orange thread, just to make sure the two layers stay neatly in place, and there are reversible pearlized snaps to secure the straps.  It's not perfect, but I like it.  And aside from all my bitching about buttonholes, the pattern was super-easy--- I'll definitely be doing different variations in the future.

(Since rediscovering my love (love-hate?) for sewing, I've really been enjoying the baby dress posts over at Posie Gets Cozy.  They are certainly inspiring and definitely worth a look.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails