Thursday, April 22, 2010

Unofficial Flower Week: Wisteria

It's cold and rainy here today (which is great, we need it), so I thought I would repost some of last week's wisteria images for Unofficial Flower Week.

This wisteria overhangs two-thirds of our covered patio and is one of the things that made me fall in love with the house.  What I didn't know, until this spring, is that it suddenly blooms all at once with a lovely but super-intense smell.  I can't wait for the scent (and my allergies) to calm down a bit so I can sit out there in the evenings and enjoy a glass of wine after G. has gone to bed, dreaming of Monet and the gardens at Giverny.

1 comment:

  1. These are beautiful! How lovely to have them covering your patio like that! I can relate about the allergies though...I always love enjoying the spring blooms, but I always pay for it later! Hopefully the rain will help with some of the extra pollen.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails