Monday, May 17, 2010

List 5: Books I Cannot Wait to Share with G.

While little G. and I have already devoured board book copies of Goodnight Moon and volumes of Eric Carle, I am so excited to revisit other favorites with her.  Ten I can think of off the top of my head include:

1. Where the Wild Things Are, Maurice Sendak

2.  Charlotte's Web, E.B. White

3.  The Country Bunny and the Little Gold Shoes, DuBose Hayward

4.  The Little House Series, Laura Ingalls Wilder

5.  The Cricket in Times Square, George Selden

6.  Now We Are Six, A.A. Milne

7.  Anne of Green Gables, L.M. Montgomery

8.  Beatrix Potter: The Complete Tales

9.  Sadako and the Thousand Paper Cranes, Eleanor Coerr

10.  Frog and Toad Are Friends, Arnold Lobel

I should also note that this very abbreviated list was inspired by Alicia Paulson's lovely post 'The Start' over at Posie Gets Cozy.  She described the nostalgia and importance of best-loved books from childhood so well.  The comments are worth a read, too.  What about you?  What book from your childhood would you love to share with someone else?

(5 down, 95 to go.)

4 comments:

  1. Great list, Angela. Yael Rose and I have shared many of these, might I also suggest "Where the Sidewalk Ends"-Shel Silverstein. I think we will read The Secret Life of Bees together this summer. Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In our house, The Seven Silly Eaters by Mary Ann Hoberman has been a big hit. It was published int he late '90s but I wish I had it when I was a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Borrowers, The Twenty-One Balloons, Danny The Champion of the World, Gone-Away Lake, & The Wonderful Story of Henry Sugar. :) I still read all these almost every year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great books ladies!

    Also, I completely forgot about "Miss Rumphius" by Barbara Cooney.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails