Every season, I really look forward to Julia's manifestos. They help me think about the little pleasures in life, about nature's rhythms, about what there is to look forward to for each part of the year. That said, the weather is warming here and bulbs are peeking up through the ground. So I think my own little manifesto is in order. This spring, I want to:
- Try new recipes with the produce from our farmshare. They always have such an amazing array of vegetables in the spring.
- Sew a little floppy hat for G. so that her perfect baby skin is protected from the Southwestern sun.
- Raid the fabric stash and sew a top or dress for myself.
- Take more photos, either with the digital or Diana camera.
- Set up our flower and vegetable beds for a summer of (hopefully successful) growing!
- Learn how to care for the many rose bushes that came with our house.
- Walk more.
- Get back to reading, even if it's just a page or two each day.
- Explore a part of New Mexico I haven't seen yet.