Friday, March 5, 2010

A Spring Manifesto

Hi there. This is my first blog post for this little space. If you're reading this, you probably know me from here. But there have been some major developments in the past six months--- a new home, a new baby--- and a new space to write felt right as well.

Every season, I really look forward to Julia's manifestos. They help me think about the little pleasures in life, about nature's rhythms, about what there is to look forward to for each part of the year. That said, the weather is warming here and bulbs are peeking up through the ground. So I think my own little manifesto is in order. This spring, I want to:

  • Try new recipes with the produce from our farmshare. They always have such an amazing array of vegetables in the spring.
  • Sew a little floppy hat for G. so that her perfect baby skin is protected from the Southwestern sun.
  • Raid the fabric stash and sew a top or dress for myself.
  • Take more photos, either with the digital or Diana camera.
  • Set up our flower and vegetable beds for a summer of (hopefully successful) growing!
  • Learn how to care for the many rose bushes that came with our house.
  • Walk more.
  • Get back to reading, even if it's just a page or two each day.
  • Explore a part of New Mexico I haven't seen yet.
We'll see if I accomplish this all by summer, but even if I don't, the planning is half the fun. What's on your list for spring?

3 comments:

  1. Hi Angela! Yay a new read, congrats. Hmm, my list for Spring, I'm going back to school, this time for pleasure, I'll be taking anthropology and ASL. I'd also like to grow something, anything as I have been unsuccessful in the 6 years I've been in AZ. And, lastly strengthen my core. After many years of being a devout yogini and dancer, I've found that I need a bit more to keep my aging post child birth core taut and strong. No rush, it's all pretty on going, so we'll see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey angela! love the new blog, glad you're blogging again.

    i'm so happy my manifestos are inspiring to you, in fact, you totally reminded me that i need to start thinking about a new one for spring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea, I'm all about to-do lists but "manifesto" sounds much cooler. I may do a spring manifesto post too, if I do I'll link back here.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails